Students for Mosby Leadership Program
Nick Mosby is running for Mayor under the belief that communities are about taking care of our family, our friends, and our neighbors. Nick understands that this commitment to our communities starts with our next generation. As such, his campaign deeply values the empowerment of students and community members through its internship program with the aim of providing young leaders the opportunity to strengthen their understanding of the electoral process, develop leadership skills and actively engage in public service.
Campaign interns will assist with campaign operations across the district. Interns will:
- Recruit and train local volunteers to work together to host phone banks, canvasses, and events
- Keep campaign offices running at full capacity by assisting with field and communications efforts
- Organize voter registration drives and other campaign events
- Maintain the campaign’s data base
The Nick Mosby for Mayor campaign will be offering three internship sessions beginning in January and running through Election Day:
Session 1: This session will be an 8 week summer internship program running from January 18th – March 14th.
The deadline for interested applicants to apply for this session is Friday January 15th.
Session 2: This session will be a 6 week organizing program running from March 14th – April 26th.
The deadline for interested applicants to apply for this session is Friday March 11th.
Session 3: This session will be an intensive 3 week Get Out the Vote organizing program running April 11th – April 26th.
The deadline for interested applicants to apply for this session is Friday April 8th.
While there is scheduling flexibility to the internship program, qualified candidates must be:
- Enthusiastic about helping to elect Nick to office
- Willing to work a minimum of 10 hours a week
- Have a reliable method of transportation or be accessible to being transported by campaign staff
- Access to a laptop or iPad
- Strong communicators
To apply please send a copy of your resume and a cover letter stating your interest in the internship program to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Internship” followed by the session which you are interested in applying for as the subject line. (ex. “Internship Session 1”).